Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Welcome to Grade 4 Parents!

Welcome Grade 4 Parents!

First off I'm sorry that I was not here this morning for the Muffin Morning and for meeting the teacher. I was in Lashburn at JH Moore for a meeting that I had.

For those of you who don't know I have another position within the division, and that position is a Math Catalyst. I go to three other schools (St. Walburg, Paradise Hill, and JH Moore), and work with others on Math and Math concepts. I have this position every morning, so I may or may not be at the school in the morning. I am going to the schools to create a schedule, and once it is finalized, I will provide you a copy so you know the days that I am at Hillmond in the mornings.

Since I am in a new position, we have quite a few other teachers who are with the students in the morning. Mrs. Hunter is with them all morning on Days 2 and 5, teaching Science and Health. Ms. Parkyn is taking care of the Arts Ed, Ms. Peach is teaching Social Studies, Mr. Feil is teaching Phys. Ed. and Ms. Ziola has them for one computer class. I have the students every afternoon for ELA and Math.

We will have a teacher here for homeroom in the mornings and at a lunch. Mrs. Hunter will cover these duties on Days 2 and 5, while Mr. Feil will cover the duties on the other days that I am not here.

I know that this is kind of a crazy schedule, but all of us are working together and the communication will be strong between all of the teachers involved.

I hope this helps explain a few things, and again I am really sorry about missing the Muffin Morning. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me (shaun.hart@nwsd.ca) or phone me at the school at 825-3393.


I hope that we all have a great year!